To obtain new service through JMEC please find the application, fee, permitting and line extension information and policies below. If you have questions, please use the contact that applies to your location:
- Espanola - Tony Martinez email@example.com 505-367-1164
- Espanola - Christine Vigil firstname.lastname@example.org 505-367-1140
- Cuba - email@example.com 505-367-1184
- Jemez Springs - firstname.lastname@example.org 505-367-1184 or email@example.com 505-367-1170
Customer Information Required
- Application for service - Complete attached LXP application form for New Electric Service - Application for Electric Service with LXP Info
- Membership Fee - $5.00 Sign membership application.
- Service Charge - $50.00 + tax.
- Security Deposit - $100.00
- Recorded Warranty Deed - required for all lands that will be encroached by line extension.
- Survey Plat
- Planning and Zoning Utilities Authorization Permit
- City of Espanola 505-747-6061
- Rio Arriba County 505-753-7774
- Sandoval County 505-867-7628 or 7522
- Village of Cuba 575-289-3758
- Electrical Permit - Submit by a licensed electrical contractor to NM CID State Inspector.
- Mobile Home Permit - Approved permit from NM Regulation & Licensing Department Manufactured Housing Division.
Native American Lands
- Service Line Agreement/Grant of Easement
- Jemez Pueblo - Utilities Authorization required in addition to service line agreement.
- The Navajo Nation - Approved Homesite Lease or Residential Lease papers are required for Service Line Agreement. If a Service Line Agreement is not acknowledged, application for a Grant of Easement will be required. Payment for estimated engineering fees required to start application process.
- Letter of Compliance - Letter of Compliance provided by JMEC. Letter to be completed by the licensed electrician who completed the consumer's wiring and meter loop.
- Bureau of Land Management
- State Lands
- U.S. Forest Service - Public Land permits require special engineering and right-of-way fees. Payment of these fees is required in advance.
- Highway Crossings
- Services that exceed 200 amps require additional documentation in addition to the other requirements listed in this brochure.
Line Extension Policy
- Rule 12 line extension policy.