SPECIAL DISTRICT MEETINGS AGENDA
1. Reports of District Trustees/CEO-GM
2. Approval of new members
3. Voting on three proposed amendments to the bylaws
4. Drawings for prizes – a retired JMEC vehicle, a 75” TV and a chance to win a new ATV
Jemez Mountains Electric Cooperative, Inc., 2022 Bylaw Amendment Language
1. Amending JMEC bylaws ARTICLE III MEETINGS of MEMBERS SECTION 6 Quorum at All Meetings: -reducing quorum requirements from 5% to 2 1/2%.
NOTE: This amendment is to lower the quorum requirement currently set at 5% of members in the bylaws to 2.5% of members. This is extremely important as the JMEC bylaws cannot be changed without meeting quorum which JMEC has not done in nearly 30 years. This bylaw update is necessary to effectively return voting power to members.
2. Amending JMEC bylaws ARTICLE IV TRUSTEES SECTION 2 Election and Tenure of Office of Trustees and Voting Delegates to provide that: -where there is only one qualified candidate for an office of trustee, an election is not required so as to save money.
NOTE: This amendment is to make clear that a formal election process is not necessary when a trustee candidate is running unopposed for the trustee position in his or her District. This will save thousands of dollars for JMEC if implemented.
3. Amending JMEC bylaws ARTICLE IV TRUSTEES SECTION 10 Nomination, Election and Meetings of Voting Delegates to provide that: -the third District 5 trustee is to be elected at-large from within the two wards.
NOTE: This amendment clarifies that the third trustee from District 5 is an at-large position and can be from either ward in District 5.